Top: El Toro Stadium, or the Durham Athletic Park, or the “DAP,” at the corner of Morris St. and W. Corporation St. Built in 1939-40 after a fire razed an earlier incarnation, the stadium hosted the Durham Bulls Baseball Team until 1995, until the Durham Bulls Athletic Park, the DBAP,” was built to accommodate larger numbers of fans. El Toro Stadium was the location of many scenes in the movie, “Bull Durham.” The park sat empty for many years after 1995, with sporadic games played by local baseball teams. The park has recently been renovated, with funds provided by the City of Durham.
Bottom: The Trinity Avenue Presbyterian Church, on Trinity Avenue near Duke University’s East Campus. The church sanctuary was built in 1927.