Top: North Carolina State Historical Marker G24, erected in 1939, noting the Battle of Alamance on May 16, 1771.
Middle: Stone Table with Bronze Marker erected in 1941 lays out a short summary of events occuring on May 16, 1771, along with map of battle. Wooden structure and gravel road turnout allows a safe, shaded or dry view, depending on the weather, of the stone monuments on site. This angle also affords a view facing the advance of the loyalist militia of approximately 1,000 men, under the direct command of Royal Governor William Tryon.
Bottom: Granite monument, in obelisk style, surrounded by a circle of boxwoods. The monument was erected on the site of the Battle of Alamance in 1880, by local government. Each of the 4 sides are marked: “Liberty” with a small, simple picture of crossed cannons underneath, “1880,” “First Battle of the Revolution,” and a one sentence summary of the Battle of Alamance, along with date of occurrence on the 4th side.